Meet the DeepStream team! In this series of blog posts, we’ll be featuring the team that makes DeepStream happen. Next is our CEO Jack Macfarlane!
When did you join DeepStream?
I joined DeepStream as CEO in the second quarter of 2017, after being a founding investor in the company from inception.
What was your first impression of the company?
An eclectic mix of creativity and energy within a group of highly driven individuals. Unconventional to the core.
In one sentence, what’s your job right now?
What does your typical day look like?
Varies hugely. Always involved a lot of coffee. Typically, unless travelling:
- Early start, catch up on the latest news overnight
- Check emails and respond to any urgent items, check schedule
- Walk to our office in Shoreditch, run through a daily stand-up with the team covering off daily to-do’s for product, dev and customer success (making our users HAPPY!)
- Generally have 2-3 external meetings per day, amongst a number of ad-hoc calls with investors, sales leads, other friends in tech to bounce ideas from other industries around
- Food delivered to the office, eat at desk 3x per day
- Hit the gym/ exercise for lunch to decompress
- Attempt to squeeze in 30 minutes of language (currently swahili!) and meditation
- Switch the office TV on and get some music/ noise pumping to close out the day, often alongside a cold beer with the team (our office has free beer on tap…)